DANCEABILITY Teacher Certification Course 2017
2 to 28 July 2017
Ginásio Clube Português
For the first time in Portugal Alito Alessi, the pioneer choreographer and internationaly known by the work developed for the past 30 years in inclusive dance, will teach in Lisbon the DanceAbility method, in an intensive course of teacher certification between 2 and 28 of July in Ginásio Clube Português.
More than 500 people with and without disabilities have attended intensive DanceAbility Teacher Certification courses in various countries since 1996. Those trained in the DanceAbility method have continued to develop and expand inclusive dance communities around the world.
· Foundation exercises introducing basic concepts of movement improvisation to people of all abilities based on things all participants can do
· How to guide people to be aware of their potential for movement and communication
· Movement explorations and games for individuals, partners, and small and large groups
· Integrating Contact Improvisation-inspired physicality with mixed abilities
· Learning how to plan and teach classes for all levels, and all abilities
· Learning to lead performance-making projects, including outdoor public space and street performances
· Handbook of the daily curriculum covered during the Course, and a manual of over 100 exercises (available in English, Portuguese, Spanish, or German)
· Teaching language is English, with translation into Portuguese.
The DanceAbility method began forming in 1988. The DanceAbility method uses improvisational dance to promote artistic expression and exploration among people with and without disabilities. The method cultivates a common ground for creative expression of all people. Material is drawn from the group present in a given situation and isolates no one.
The method supports self-empowerment by offering ways that all individuals can participate fully in expressing their creative choices, including respecting one’s own limits.
Ths Course has the support of the United States of America Embassy, Vo’Arte and DanceAbility.
The application period is closed.
TEACHER > ALITO ALESSI
DATE > 2nd July (introduction meeting | 16h às 18h) to 28th July of 2017
DURATION > 4 Weeks | 120 hours
For professionals and students of performing arts with and without disabilities and for those who want to deepen the knowledge on the movement arts and promote inclusive participation of groups with mix-ability.
Course Fee for DanceAbility Teacher Certification : 1.300€ (euros)